Tuesday, July 29

And Now She's Nine


This is my baby. The last one until grandchildren come along {and that better be a while!}


And now, today, this baby of mine, is nine years old. Nine! When did that happen? It seems like just yesterday...on one of the hottest days that summer morning in 1999, that this little girl of mine was being born.

Our Reilly Rose, just 3 months old underneath that tiny denim hat...you sure grew up fast. Quickly changing into the sweet, sassy, silly & sensitive girl that you are today. Watching you grow these past nine years has been bittersweet for your mama; my heart swells with love and pride for the you you are becoming--just being in your presence is such pure joy--yet I am keenly aware how rapidly the days flow and that only a photograph can still time. All too soon, another 9 years or so, you will be itching to leave our cozy little nest. 'Til then, I'll just soak up as much of my daily dose of sunshine as I can! Happy Birthday, sunshine...we love you more!

5 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Happy Birthday Reilly! I can't believe you are 9! I remember when you were born! Time does go by so fast.

Love you!

"Aunt" Sheila, "Uncle" Ken, Janna & Connor (Tinky & Snickers too!)

Kasey said...

she's a doll!
Don't they grow up fast! Mine are 7,6 and 3.......
k-

Anonymous said...

Time flies when you're having fun. What a sweetie! :)

Joy

Anonymous said...

p.s. Just a heads up - I listed the grates Leah - and there is only one left! :)

Joy

SL said...

She's too cute and growing up to fast! Happy Birthday Reilly.