Monday, July 14

Backyard Oasis



Realtors say great curb appeal is key. After having landscaping done around our home, I'd have to say I agree. What a difference adding shrubs, flowers, stone & lighting has made. Our yard seems cheerier to me. Sitting on our wraparound porch is much more pleasant with shrub roses and lilacs to appreciate. And now, our backyard has become a beckoning place for us. Last summer, Brett & I "dove in" and bought a pool and had a patio and sidewalk put in. With the help of our dear friend Ken, Brett finished off the deck attached to the house. Then, because the pool needed to be enclosed, Brett designed and built a deck to go around it. He worked 'round the clock and the finished pool deck was a wonderful addition. The yard, needless to say, after all the "construction", lacked curb appeal. So, this spring, we had landscaping put in for the finishing touch. A backyard oasis was born. We may not have palm trees or sandy beaches, but the water is fine and the breezes are balmy. It's become a favorite family hangout...our own backyard. Maybe someday we'll vacation in tropical places; but, for now, we're lucky enough to find paradise right here at home.

4 comments:

SL said...

Your hard work paid off...your backyard is beautiful. Enjoy!

Sheila Rumney said...

Love your backyard oasis! Can't wait sit there soon!

Sheila Rumney said...

Did I actually see that you are playing in the Sweet & Sinister Swap? Oh, my dear friend how happy I am!! Only 8 more years!

Love ya!

Kasey said...

i wish i had a pool!
i'll have to take pics of my bakcyard, it's a dream, but with living our first year here in illinois, the humidity and bugs are killing me! We can't even enjoy our lovely backyard and patio.
oh well, i can just enjoy yours!
k-