Tuesday, May 6

Flea Market Find

Tarnished forks & old buttons...these are just a few of my latest finds at the local antique store. My friend Sheila and I frequent flea markets and antique shops as often as we can. We just love digging around old "treasures" looking to claim a vintage item as our own. Sheila & I share a passion for all things vintage, primitive, or shabby chic. This shared hobby of ours has led us on many a quest through dusty shops; sometimes we score a prize, sometimes we leave empty-handed. Would you like to know what my favorite "flea-market find" is? That would be Sheila & our vintage friendship...we've been friends for more than ten years now. Yes,we may be a little more tarnished & shabby like the old things we love; but that just makes us more of a treasure to each other. Unlike the cast-offs we find, however, this friend and the times we share are for keeps. So, if you see me in your local antique store or flea market...look around...Sheila will be somewhere in there, too. And no, these two vintage souls are not for sale.

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

Oh, what a beautiful post! I just love you my vintage friend! Our time together, I cherish more than any treasure we find! I am so blessed to call you my best friend.

Love you,

Sheila