Sunday, March 9

He Loves Me

Recently, we converted our living room into a scrapbook station for me. It was my dear husband's idea; yes, you read that correctly--it was my husband's idea. Last fall, we gave our 14-year-old living room furniture to our daughter, Tasha, for her off-campus apartment. I wasn't sure what I wanted as far as new furnishings, so I planned on leaving the room empty for a time. Until Brett (dh) suggested: "Why don't you make it a scrapbook room?" Aaahh, then the gears started going. Little did he realize how much work was in store for him. During the fall and winter, Brett repainted the room, added a glaze that I wanted that makes the room look frosted, built 3 different cabinets to hold all my "stuff", as well as refurbish our old kitchen table into a desk for me. Brett took on this project without complaint. For me. Of course, it helped that the renovation took place when it was too cold to go play golf(him, not me) and that his favorite hobby(after golf) is woodworking. But, the main reason he did all these tasks and created a scrapping sanctuary for me is because he loves me.

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

Love the new cabinet and the new room!! What a wonderful guy!! He is definitely worth keeping!!

Love,

Sheila