Tuesday, May 7

Gnome Sweet Gnome

This little gnome...I don't really know his story. When my parents prepared to move from my childhood home to their new home {next door to me} in 2006,
I happened upon this sweet little guy. Since Mom had no plans for him, she gave the gnome to me.
 
 
I think, perhaps, he belonged to my grandmother and my mother held onto him for sentimental reasons. And that's what I've done...I'm sweet on this gnome for sentimental reasons.  So, here he sits, in a special spot close to our doorstep,
welcoming guests with his sweet smile.
 
"A smile is the universal welcome."
{max eastman}
 
 
 

3 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

What a sweet little guy... so neat to know the story behind that cutie!

traci said...

perfect little guy to watch over you garden and home.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

A smile makes all the difference . . and it's contagious too :O) xo