Thursday, April 4

Classic Reads

Does anyone read the classics any more?
You know, the books that have stood the test of time. Written by the "greats" like Austen...Dickens...Fitzgerald...Hemingway...Twain.
Books such as Pride & Prejudice, The Grapes of Wrath,
The Great Gatsby, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,
and my personal favorite, To Kill A Mockingbird. 
In my day, most of these books were required reading in schools.
  Not so anymore, I'm afraid. And it's a shame, really. To see the classics forgotten & neglected.  Today's students are missing out on some great literature.
 
This summer, I'm going to add a few classics to my reading list.
I think I'll try to persuade encourage my daughters to do the same.
Perhaps Little Women & Of Mice and Men for the girls; Anna Karenina and
For Whom The Bell Tolls for me.
And, of course, To Kill a Mockingbird...again.
 
What about you?
What classic book would you choose to read {or re-read}??

3 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

I definitely need to make more time to read...

traci said...

I just reread To Kill A Mockingbird last summer. An all time favorite. I keep saying I am going to tackle some classics but I don't. Maybe we could do a classics virtual book club.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Leah, I heart decorating books more than anything else :O)