As I sat down to write this post, it occured to me that I have been blogging now for four years. When I started my blog in March 2008, after some gentle prodding from my bestie, I had no idea that I would still be at it today.
They say "time flies when you're having fun" and yes, that's true. But it hasn't all been fun in the last few years. Most of 2009 was hell for my family and me. Having this little blog was one of the things that helped me get through it.
Really and truly.
It's a unique place...this land of blogs...and it has opened my world to new places, new things, and new people. Especially people. Here, in front of my computer, I've connected with {met a few in person too} some of the most kind & amazing people. My blogging buddies, I now consider each of you among my circle of friends. And every visit with you, every comment from you,
has done my heart good.
But. You felt a "but" coming on, didn't you? For all the good things blogging has brought me, I still feel the need to take a step back. This feeling has been nagging at me for some time now...the feeling that I need to shift focus for a while.
Shift my focus back to family, home, wellness.
Maybe throw a little "creativity" into the mix, too.
This isn't good-bye. I'm not going anywhere and neither is my blog.
I'll still be posting; my posts will just be random and a little infrequent for a while. Think less "regular programmed scheduling" and more "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of thing. Which will be new for me. But necessary, I think.
And, of course, I will still be popping in at your blogs from time to time;
because, I'd miss you all too much if I didn't! For now though, instead of sitting at my desk for hours at a time, I'll be otherwise engaged.
Blogging a little, but living more.








5 comments:
good morning my friend. i completely understand. i am wrestling with that too. take your time. enjoy your family. be creative. we will all be here with you. xo!!
I too understand! Take your time and we will be here... Hugs and love...
Wow...we were so on the same page. Great minds... Enjoy your break:)
I really do get this...and thinks these same thoughts often...I will miss your lovely photos...but really do understand. Have a wonderful break.
Rene'
Hello Leah, Every once in awhile we have to take a break from blogging:O) It takes a lot of energy sometimes. Enjoy the break, don't stay away too long. Sandy xo
Post a Comment