Friday, February 24

Self Courage

This month's self-portrait for "In the Picture"...

It's only taken me 45 years to get there, but I'm finally comfortable in my own skin.  I know who I am.  And I know who I'm not.  I am flawed, not perfect.  After so many years as a "practicing perfectionist", it's a little funny to think I'm actually okay with being imperfect...yet I am.  Now, mind you, I'm still learning.  And growing.  And seeking.  That won't change no matter what my age.  But, this "leopard" won't be changing her spots; because, I like them just the way they are.

17 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

I love you just the way you are! Love your picture!!!

traci said...

i like you just the way you are too. i am so glad we have gotten to spend time together. i love that photo too.

Unknown said...

Great photo and your words are inspiring. I'm hoping this project will help me be more comfortable in my skin....to embrace who I REALLY am and heck with what anyone else thinks!

Catherine Denton said...

That is one of my favorite quotes! And I adore this picture of you. I'm learning that lesson too.
Catherine Denton

Kmcblackburn said...

45 must be the magical number...that's about when I hit my "comfort zone" too. Great quote :)

gina said...

What a beautiful selfie and quote to go with it! I love the composition and colors in your picture. Well done!

Kimberly June said...

Beautiful confidence.

Sandra said...

What a lovely self-portrait with the pretty locket round your neck.
Another ee cummings quote - and must look up this American poet to find out more about him.

Zena said...

Wonderful portrait and wonderful post. I see myself in your words, I´ve been learning this lesson too (in particular the one related to perfectionism).

Becs said...

Great selife, love the pose and composition. That quote is one of my favourites and fits perfectly. Beautifully done.

leanne can blog said...

Nice image & words- I totally agree with what you've said.

urban muser said...

beautiful photo and inspiring words! thanks so much for linking up at {in the picture} today!

georgia b. said...

beautiful shot.

we have a similar theme. but where i was comfortable in my skin for the first almost 40 years of my life, i'm for the first time feeling less comfortable after having my first baby last year. now i'm 40, and i am learning to accept the "new" me and be comfortable with the changes that came with having a baby.

hopefully i'll get there by the time i'm 45. maybe even sooner.

it's nice to see someone happy with who they are just the way they are. it's an example you rarely see in this cosmetic and cosmetic surgery obsessed society.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Leah, We have never met each other in person . . . but I truly feel and know that you are beautiful inside and out, it so shows in your kind comments and blog postings. So glad I got to meet you through blogland. Beautiful photo of you girlie:O)

Farmgirl Paints said...

That was beautiful Leah. Self acceptance is a wonderful thing.

Tamoonstone said...

I really love this portrait and the almost chalkboard look of your quote. The journey to self acceptance seems to be a long one, especially for a fellow perfectionist!

Lori Moon said...

Love our picture and the message. Thanks for visiting me!