Friday, February 11

Love Unexpected

2nd week of All Four Love...

I've always known I wanted to be a mother.  And I've always known I would love my babies when I had them.

{Brynn...February 1996}

{Reilly...June 2000}

What took me by surprise was the intensity and immediacy of that love.  The unexpected fierceness of it...that "mama-bear" mentality that makes a mother willing to walk through fire for her kids.

The "falling in love" again & again with my husband as I watch him be a father to our daughters...that was a bit unexpected, too. 

My babies pictured in these photos aren't babies anymore; they are ages 15 & 11.  And my love for them grows as they grow.  Now, that doesn't surprise me:)


{Ok, I cheated a bit...obviously these photos are not from the past week. Plus, Dad took them}

7 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

What a beautiful post about your babies and your DH. Love your pictures!

traci said...

beautiful post leah. it is an amazing love.

Amanda said...

So sweet and oh so relatable.(is that a word:)
I feel like a mama bear so much of the time and I've said that too. I had to smile.

What a sweet blog you have.

Jeanne Oliver said...

So true!!! The most incredible of unexpected love!!!

amy luella said...

so touching, leah. and a good reason to pull from the archives today!=)

Courtney Walsh said...

I love these photos!! You're right, it's the kind of love that sort of blindsides you and knocks you off your feet, isn't it?? :) Thanks for playing along!!

Miss Gracie's House said...

It is amazing, isn't it? Great pics, no matter who took them!
Rene