Tuesday, January 4

Choose Wisely

Jumping on the "word wagon"...again...this year, my word for 2011 is choose.
For now, I will choose my words more carefully, choose to spend my time more thoughtfully, choose my actions more intentionally. 
I've come to learn that how I greet the day is up to me.  How I deal with situations is up to me.  How I treat my relationships...and myself...is up to me.  I can choose to be happy, choose to be kind, choose positive thoughts over negative ones. 
I can choose to let go and not "sweat the small stuff".
I would like to choose more play than work, choose more laughter than tears, more time spent with family than doing chores.  It may mean a messier house, but it guarantees merrier memories.  I would like to choose a more healthy lifestyle, choose more creative endeavors, choose to forgive my imperfections. 
It's a year in my life; I choose to spend it wisely.
In the third Indiana Jones movie...near the end of his quest...Indiana is advised by the knight to "choose wisely".  Though there may be moments when I choose poorly{those imperfections, ya know}, I hope to spend my days making good choices.  To choose more wisely in this year 2011.

*And on that note, I think it was a wise choice to ask for the help of Ms. Karen of ValentineDesign.  I wanted a wider blog...a little more elbow room for pictures...and she made it happen.  Thank you, Karen; I am extremely grateful!

6 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Great word Leah. I need to practice that too. I remember that movie...wasn't it the chalise to drink from. He chose the wooden carpenter cup and lived:) Happy day to you girlie.

traci said...

beautifully said.

i love the new blog design. noticed right away. your photos are alway gorgeous, now we get to enjoy them more because they are bigger.

Susan Houseman said...

I like your word, as well as how you have chosen to use it. The photographs are beautiful as well.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Leah, Hey, I like your new look of your blog and definitely "choose" is a good word for 2011. I "choose" to create a new life for myself with some new adventures and experiences . . . ok where do I start. Lots of happy to you kiddo! Sandy:O)

Sheila Rumney said...

Your word is very powerful. Here's to a wonderful New Year, dear friend. Love your photos!

Kasey said...

Awesome word Leah! I also LOVE your new look...and that gorgeous photo of you.