Earlier this month, the girls had three snow days in a row. By the evening of the third, Brynn had become a bit bored. "Madre, can I make brownies?" she asked.{she's taking Spanish this year and has been calling me madre since September}
I told her yes and helped her gather the ingredients she would need. Then, I went back to my scraproom and Brynn began the business of baking brownies.
I should have questioned my judgment...on leaving her alone in the kitchen...but I didn't. She's 15, you say, perfectly capable of making a simple dessert. Ah yes.
I love my daughter dearly and I think she has many fine qualities.
But...Julia Child she is not. Just minutes after I left the room,
Brynn called to me "Mom, I need your help...the eggs fell!" Whaaat?!!
How do eggs fall?
"I sort of tripped" she explained. Really?! We both burst into giggles; it was just too comical. And then I grabbed my camera to take pictures of the eggs I had just bought earlier that day. Because, after all, I am a blogger and this was a posting opportunity I couldn't resist.
There is a happy ending to my story. Brett, dh that he is, stood over the counter and patiently separated each egg from its shattered shell. And the next morning, he made a yummy breakfast for us...scrambled eggs, of course!






4 comments:
Hi Leah, Gotta love those kiddos . . even thou they drive us crazy. You are such a patient Mom, but it so pays off doesn't it? Hey, believe me you'll miss all that crazy stuff when they go away to college. Great memories! Sandy :O)
Why in the world is that such a cool picture? But it is...I'm just mesmerized by all those cracked eggs OH and the brownie batter had me pretty hypnotized too;)
These are the memories you'll look back on and laugh!
That doesn't suprise me at all, Brynn!
~Janna
Post a Comment