Yesterday, I received an award from Becky, a new blogger friend of mine. An award for me? Wow...thank you so much! Becky was recently the featured blogger at ShabbyBlogs{that's how I found her} and I really enjoy following her blog, FarmGirl Paints. The award she gave me is this {ok, I admit, I added the "frame"}
and this is how it works:
*Say thank you and give a link to the presenter of the award
*Share "10 Honest Things" about myself
*Present the award to 9 other bloggers whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design or to those who have encouraged me
*Be sure to tell the 9 bloggers chosen that you are giving them the Honest Scrap award and provide the guidelines for them
So, now it's time for me to share 10 Honest Things about myself:
1} I have read my favorite book, To Kill A Mockingbird, 11 times {once out loud to my husband}. I plan on reading it again this year to make it a dozen times.
2} I am terribly, terribly afraid of snakes. Irrationally afraid, I suppose. I shudder just looking at a picture of one. Once a co-worker teased me with a fake snake and I hid in the supply closet for 10 minutes!
2} I am terribly, terribly afraid of snakes. Irrationally afraid, I suppose. I shudder just looking at a picture of one. Once a co-worker teased me with a fake snake and I hid in the supply closet for 10 minutes! 3} I avoid taking a shower during a thunderstorm. I read once that you could get struck by lightning if you did, so I don't.
4} I have a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education; but I haven't taught in more than a decade. I've been a stay-at-home-mom for the last 11 years.
5} I like to read true-crime stories. Not for the gruesome details; but, I'm fascinated by how crimes are solved. Guess it's the mystery lover in me. As a young girl, I read every Nancy Drew book & Miss Marple story I could find.
6} I kept this teddy bear in my bed from my toddler years until I went away to college. I don't sleep with stuffed animals anymore, but I still have the bear.

7}Before I drop off my daughters at school, I always take note of the clothes & shoes they're wearing. Just in case...I always worry what kind of mother am I if I can't remember what my children are wearing? (ok, maybe I've read a few too many true-crime books)
8}I am secretly "in love" with Harrison Ford. Well, actually, it's no secret. Anyone who knows me knows this. I've seen just about every movie Harrison Ford ever made. And I wouldn't mind spending time on a deserted island with him;) No need to fret about the hubby; he's really okay with my fondness for Ford...really.
9}I have a recurring dream about running late & missing the school bus. I'm 43 years old!
10} I am seriously addicted to this beverage. Seriously. I drink one (sometimes two) every day.

The following 9 ladies are the ones I've chosen for the Honest Scrap award. Each one inspires & encourages me on a daily basis; I love following their blogs:
Sheila at Blessed&Distressed
MeMe at Daddy'sLittleGirl
SL at 2MinnieBlessings
Jeanne at BushelandaPeck
Andrea at EverydayBeauty
Dale at SeaDreamStudio
Katie at KatieBeeCreative
So, ladies, please play along if you'd like. If you don't want to, that's okay, too. I'll continue to be inspired and encouraged whenever I visit your blogs!



5 comments:
You are so sweet! Thank you for the award...I would now like to thank the academy...oh wait, wrong award!
I am so honored Leah! Thanks for passing it on to me...and for making your post about it so much fun!
And omgooodness...we have the same fear about s***** I can't even spell the word that's how afraid of them I am! I literally scream when I see one on TV...
And I totally get the crime story thing...although I watch more on TV than read them...but I do find them fascinating...
I've never read To Kill a Mockingbird. I think I must now:)
My recurring dream is about tornadoes or that I'm not prepared for a test at school.
Loved your list. Isn't it fun to learn more about each other?? Thanks for playing along!
that teddy looks so loved!!
I love hearing new things!!
xo
OK, I played along.......I am SO long winded.......oh my goodness. I need to get out more often!!
Thanks for nominating me!
Post a Comment