Thursday, June 18

Never Better

It's been three months now since my mother passed away. I still cry every day. Wherever I go, whatever I do, I still feel the loss. I miss her hugs, her daily phone calls to check on her girls, her saying "love you more"...I miss her presence. Well-meaning people say "it gets better" or "it gets easier" with time. If they mean that I'll only cry once a day instead of once an hour, they're right. If they mean, eventually, the heartache won't be so raw it drives me to my knees anymore, they may be right. But, in all my imaginings, I cannot think of a day that will come when it'll be better that my mom is no longer here. "Easier", perhaps. Different, yes. That's how my cousin put it about life without her mom{my dear Aunt Pat}. That's more accurate...life is different without Mom. But, never better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a heart longing that will always exist...as long as you do...to have your mother there. My family recently underwent a tragedy when my sister's fiancĂ©’s mom died. He is only 24 and his sister only 21...watching them endure the pain is unbearable...so I have a glimpse at what you are going through. It makes me want to call my mom everyday just to hear her voice...
I will continue to pray for you Leah…