Tuesday, June 30

Dressing Up

For a long time now, I've been looking for an old dresser. I wanted to revamp it and use it as media storage for our dvds and cds. Several weeks ago, my husband & I found one...for only $100. The dresser was not really old, maybe circa 1970s, and it was not very pretty. But the price was right. It came home with us and then I let my handy hubby go to work on it. He sanded it & painted it, then applied a glaze. He removed the icky plastic wheels from the dresser and replaced the hardware. I only wish I had taken a picture of it so you could have seen the "before". Now, it's all dressed up and just what I wanted!

4 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Love your dressed up dresser! Your hubby does a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

It's stunning! I love it...great job to both of you. Oh and I always forget the 'before' too...guess we just don't think "get the camera out" for something ugly...lol...

Pretty Little World said...

Gorgeous! I love the vintage finish with the slightly more modern hardware!

SL said...

How fun to see a piece transform from an "ugly duckling" to a stunning "swan". Great job!