On this Memorial Day, I will remember him. The sailor in the picture, a Navy man during WWII. Though I am grateful to each veteran in our family & among our friends, grateful to those who serve in the military at present...today, I am remembering him. A young man then, he served his country with honor. I didn't know this sailor then. I only knew him years later, as my father-in-law, A.D. He didn't talk much about the war; hardly mentioned his days in the Navy. Still, he was a proud American. And two sons & a grandson followed in his footsteps. His oldest son, Michael, served in the Marines; his youngest son, Brett{my dh}, was an Army man in the '70s. Just this spring, his grandson Michael, enlisted in the Army. I don't remember if I ever expressed my gratitude & pride to my father-in-law, the war veteran {A.D. left us too soon; he passed away in January 2000}. I hope I did. But today I do remember, and will not forget, this sailor of yesteryear and the legacy of patriotism he passed through the generations.
*Quikpage purchased at retrodiva.net
Monday, May 25
Today I Remember
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a wonderful tribute to great men that served our country! Just love your page that you did!
Post a Comment