Tuesday, May 12

Wonderful Whites

For a long time, I've been drawn to whites... weathered white & creamy ivory in particular. It's why you'll find furniture with chipped white paint and ironstone pottery scattered throughout my house. Why strings of pearls and old white buttons make their way into my home decor and many of my craft projects. It's why you'll find me drooling over magazines showcasing rooms done all in whites; and yet, I hadn't had the courage to decorate my home that way. It's the old "I have two kids and 3 cats, I can't have white" excuse. Then, I remembered the half-bath off our kitchen{which,btw, has cream cabinets & appliances}; this room would easily lend itself to an "all-whites" look. It was already partially there because of the wallpaper. With a new coat of paint {Behr's Ivory Mist} and borrowing a few items from other spots in my house, our powder room now glows in wonderful whites.

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

Can't wait to see the white bathroom. Love all your white pretties!