Monday, December 3

Last Christmas

Tomorrow I'm sending a Christmas card to a woman I've never met.  And you can, too, if you'd like.  Purely by happenstance, I came upon Miss Betty's story...
As I scrolled through my feed on Instagram, I saw this post

and it just touched my heart.  Ms. Watson found this request on a blog called Aunt Peaches who in turn was making the request on behalf of a friend Mrs. Greene.   It's just such a lovely gesture this granddaughter made on her grandmother's behalf...to help make Miss Betty's last Christmas a special one. 
 
Three and a half years ago, I lost my dear mother to lung cancer. The Christmas before she passed away, we had no idea that it was to be Mom's last one with us.  I wish we had known.
And so, I'll be making a very special card and mailing it to Miss Betty in hopes of "brightening her spirits" just a bit.  Won't you please join me?
Send your card to
Ed and Betty Vogel
 425 E Coleman Road
Clare, MI 48617

2 comments:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Leah, Will definitely be sending an extra Christmas card to Miss Betty this year . . . how kind of you to post this request. One simple act of kindness makes all the difference. Happy Day Kiddo!

Sheila Rumney said...

I will definitely be sending an extra card this Christmas. Thank you for sharing this.