"A mother's heart is a patchwork of love."
When I was a young girl, I had dreams. Not big dreams of grandeur, riches or fame...but dreams of becoming a wife & mom.
And luckily for me, those dreams came true. I am so blessed to have been happily married for almost two decades now.
Even more blessed to have known the thrill of motherhood.
My children are my greatest joy. My reason for being. Every single day.
But there are days...just keeping it real...when motherhood can be a "thankless job". Days when you feel like a housemaid to a bunch of animals. Days when you've slaved in the kitchen making dinner only to hear out of the mouths of your babes -- "Eeew, gross. Do I have to eat that?". Days when you deal with major attitudes and minor appreciation. On those days, especially, it helps a mother to have a sense of humor. Yes, laughter really is the best medicine.
In honor of Mother's Day, I wanted to share some cute quotes I happened upon the other day:
"My mother's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it."
{buddy hackett}
"Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going."
{phyllis diller}
"I asked my mom if I was a gifted child...
she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me."
{unknown}
"Children are a great comfort in your old age.
And they help you reach it faster, too."
{lionel kaufman}
"Mothers of teenagers know why animals eat their young"
{unknown}
Wishing you all a day filled with laughter!
"All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."
{abraham lincoln}






3 comments:
Wishing you a relaxing and enjoyable Mother's Day. Love you!
those are great quotes. thanks for the chuckle this morning. have a wonderful mother's day leah.
Happy Mom's Day Leah . . . definitely have to have a sense of humor when raising kids . . but it makes for great memories:O) love u, Sandy xo
Post a Comment