Between the winter blues and the approaching anniversary of my mother's death, I've sensed a malaise of sorts settling over me. This melancholic mood is moving in {my daughters aren't the only ones with a flair for the dramatic} and messing with my spirits. And it's messing with my writing and thus, my blogging. I love writing and usually it comes fairly easily for me, but lately...
well, lately I've been struggling with it. Struggling with my words, struggling with my thoughts. And my heart has been less inclined to write posts and more inclined to nest. Sort of like when I was pregnant{no, I am not} and I felt the urge to fluff up our home. I feel myself being pulled to clean up clutter, organize odds & ends, do some spring cleaning. I suppose with the onset of Spring that seems natural. And I suppose my mind & my heart are trying to tell me something.
So, I'm going to back off from blogging for a bit.
Tuesday, March 2
Melancholy Mood
To take a breather. To rest and nest. And, when the time is right, I'll be back to write.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
I get it completely. Sending some heartfelt prayers your way. You'll be missed.
I wish I could take the pain and sadness away, dear friend. When someone you love hurts, you hurt with them. You are in my prayers.
If there is anything I can do, please let me know. You'll be missed!!
Rest, breathe...renew your heart and mind. I can only imagine how thinking of your sweet mom would change how you want to interact with everyone. Thinking of you.
I am new to you... but I will pray for you! I lost my mom on March 7, 2001... just 4 short months after my baby girl was born. I get it 100%. Though I love spring... I will never forget that spring is when my mom left my world. I will say a prayer for your spirit! I am going through the clutter, nesting thing too! =) I will look forward to your return!
Just Jenn~ www.seizingmyday.com
Totally can relate. As women, we all need a break sometimes . . just to pull our thoughts together. I'm lucky to still have my Mom, I would miss her terribly, I know. Will miss your postings, God Bless and come back soon.
my comment is gone;-(
I just wanted to say..take your time...
we will all be here when you return.
xo
I have to do this sometimes too. It is okay...take the time you need.
You will come back refreshed and renewed.
Please know you are in my prayers during this time and always. Take time for you now.
Oh Leah, I feel for you sweetie...the pain of losing a loved one just doesn't ever really go away, as I've found with my husband's experience...some days the emotions are kept in check and the pain is barely visible...but other days it wells right up to the surface...
I hope you find some peace during your break and I wish you many blessings and lots of love...
Hugs ~
T
p.s. my friend is having a giveaway for that carte postale texture if you're interested (tracithorsonphotography.com/blog)...your photos here today are so beautiful, you're getting very good with PS! really good!!
i hope this break is renewing your spirit and helping your heart. my thoughts are with you. your blog is beautiful!!
just checking back in with you.
xo
Missing you! Hope you are doing okay.
Sometimes we need a change of pace... Hope your soul is rested and replenished soon!
xoxo~Dale
sweety that's understandable...and here's a news flash for you...it's also very womanly and normal for you to be feeling this way. Emotions are heavy at times...I lost my daddy almost two years ago..and I find what helps me to not choke up and cry everytime I think of him, is to think of what part of him still lives on in me...like my mannerisms...my witt...they are all still living! and I'm thankful for having known him...
okay, now I'm crying...oops...
one day at a time, and take time when you need it!
ciao bella
Post a Comment