Somedays I long for a view like this...for a house along the seashore. I'm not sure why I'm drawn to the sea.
When I'm there, I worry about riptides & sharks. Seaweed and jellyfish are icky. I can't swim to save my life. Literally. And I never actually swim in the ocean; I rarely do more than wade in the waves. Still, the salty sea breeze...the turning of the tide...they beckon me to the beach. Perhaps it's because I grew up in the Midwest... landlocked...surrounded by cows and cornfields. Perhaps I am a seafarin' spirit by nature? After all, I was born on an island in a town called Bayshore. {How ironic then that I suffer a mean case of motion sickness anytime I set foot on a ship!} No, I'm not sure why I so love the sea. What I do know is that the sand & the surf offer my soul a sense of serenity it hasn't found anywhere else. So, perhaps that is why, I often long for a view like this.




2 comments:
Isn't it lovely! I too love the water, but give me a lake it doesn't have sharks!
I enjoy sitting on the beach; however yuck to the jellyfish, riptides, fish, sharks, sea weed, etc. Give me a nice blanket and lounge chair along a beach and I am in heaven.
Post a Comment