Wednesday, January 1

OLW 2014

For the past few years, I've chosen one little word...the word that sets the "tone" for the next 365 days.  For 2014, my word is joy.
 To find joy. To share joy. To choose joy.
Because I do believe you don't just feel happy...that joy is a choice you can make.  I can't always choose my circumstances. And I certainly cannot choose {or control} how others behave. But I can choose my attitude, my reactions, my behavior. 
And I can choose joy. Even when joy doesn't choose me.
Because there are days when joy is difficult to find. You know those days...we've all had them...those days that knock-you-to-your-knees & it's-so-hard-to-breathe kind of days. Through the years, I've learned that joy is there, somewhere, even on the worst of days.
It's up to me to choose it. Choose joy.
 
 

3 comments:

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

I'm with you on that one Leah . . . choose JOY! The Lord has put that word on my heart since the beginning of the holidays. I have a good feeling about 2014 :O) xo

traci said...

Joy is a beautiful word for this year. My word is open. I need to blog but have been enjoying the computer break!!

Alice Wingerden said...

In the day to day and frustrations that arise it is often forgotten by me to "choose" joy. But the Lord has been working on that in my heart for awhile now. Thank you for this post Leah! It spoke to my heart.