Autumn this year...especially October...has been exceptionally beautiful. Warm sunny afternoons. Cool mornings and evenings with gentle, crisp breezes. Perfection.
I know it won't last. It never does. Winter and its freezing temps will be nipping at November. Happens every year. The beauty & wonder of autumn doesn't stick around forever. No matter how much I wish it would.
Recently, I happened upon these words on Instagram...
"In the end these things matter most: how well did you live?
how fully did you love? how deeply did you learn to let go?
{Buddha}
And it hit me...I don't want to waste these lovely autumn days bemoaning the fact that winter will follow. I want to let go and live them well. And love them fully. Because these exact days won't come around again.





3 comments:
Wise words... Hoping you enjoy each autumn day! So enjoyed hanging out with you this weekend! xoxoxo
Hi Leah, So true . . . we only come through this life once :O) Enjoy this beautiful October, it is cooler here in California and of course, we always seem to have blessed weather, but there is something about October that is just so pretty. Perfect time to bake too. Sandy xo
beautiful words. very true. worth writing down and hanging up somewhere to see often. temps are dropping here after today. yesterday was beautiful though.
Post a Comment