Wednesday, January 2

One Little Word

So it's that time again when some of us choose one little word for ourselves.  A word to help us set some goals for the year...to guide us through the next 365 days.  Normally I choose a verb, an action, as my word; and so, after a whole day's worth of thinking I decided on focus.  It's a really good word, I think.  And yet, something nagged at me...the word focus just didn't feel like my word for 2013...
it didn't feel right enough for me right now.

And then I remembered  something I had read once, about a father wishing his child enough.  Not too little, not too much...just enough.  I realized my word didn't always have to be a verb.  It could be something else.  And so, my word for 2013 is enough.
 
I have just enough "riches" to remember I am so very blessed.
I have just enough "troubles" to remember to be grateful.
 
I have enough friends that I don't feel alone in this world.
I have enough family that I know I am loved.
Yes, enough is the right word for me. 
I want to remember that who I am and what I do is enough
 I am not perfect; but, I am good enough
For the 363 days that remain in 2013, I will try to
*Do enough
*Laugh enough
*Give enough
*Focus enough
*Love enough

And to each of you, I wish you enough.

8 comments:

traci said...

oh my gosh leah. that is perfect!!! great choice my friend. great word!!

Sheila Rumney said...

Love this word!

Sheila Rumney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheila Rumney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheila Rumney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Leah, I've been very negative lately and I have every reason to be positive. More good than bad, I'm just getting tired of all the challenges in my life lately. God definitely is pruning me for something . . . I just don't know what it is:O) I think my word is STOP. Stop complaining. I've been complaining way too much. Time to be positive . . . thanks for the reminder. Blessings, xo

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss your sweet thoughtfully written posts, Leah!
This is beautiful.....to be content with sustenance, enough. I love it.

I think I'll find myself a word for the year....i'll have to get back to you

Ciao Bella
Carmelina

Anonymous said...

My word was originally Balance...but so far it's not working out for me......still thinking of a definitve word of the year......humm......?