Yesterday was my daughter Brynn's birthday. She is seventeen. A thought which is hard for me to fathom because it only seems like yesterday when I was that age.
The photos {and the words between them} in this post are not mine. I wish I could say they are...but no, the photos were taken by my very talented photographer friend, Traci Thorson; and the words are from the birthday card I gave to my beautiful girl.
I'm thinking about
the days when I could hold you in just one arm,
and how I'd gaze into your eyes,
amazed at all the life you had to offer.
I'm thinking about
your first day of school,
and how much you had ahead of you,
and about all the things
you had already taught me.
I'm thinking about
conversations we'd have in the car,
the questions you'd ask,
and how your curiosity inspired me.
I'm thinking about
so many moments that once seemed ordinary
but now add up to so many memories
I wouldn't trade for anything.
On your birthday{and all the days in between}
I'm thinking about
how much I love you,
and how grateful I am
that such a wonderful young woman





4 comments:
How proud you must be kiddo, she is beautiful. I think I see a little bit of the mama in her :O) xo
oh leah. how special. those words are absolutely perfect. she is a shining star!!!
She does shine! Happy bday to your girl.
Brynn, does shine so bright. Beautiful words.
Post a Comment