Long before we went to see Wicked in NY this summer, my daughters and I loved the song For Good from the show. It has been on my iPod for more than a year; and, Brynn & her choir class sang it in their spring performance this past March. It makes us smile, it makes us cry...
I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason/bringing something we must learn/and we are led to those who help us most to grow/if we let them/and we help them in return/well, I don't now if I believe that's true/but I know I'm who I am today/because I knew you...
{Leah & Deanna, cousins connected...July 2012}
Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun/like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood/who can say if I've been changed for the better?/because I knew you/I have been changed for good...
{my daughters Brynn & Reilly with Sara, John & Ryan}
[Ryan is Deanna's son...Sara & John, her niece& nephew]
It well may be/that we will never meet again/in this lifetime/so let me say before we part/so much of me is made of what I learned from you/you'll be with me like a handprint on my heart/and now whatever way our stories end/I know you have re-written mine by being my friend...
{Brynn & Sara, both 16, actually rehearsing their good-bye.}
My cousin Deanna & I, born just nine days apart, are more like sisters than cousins. All our lives, she & I have shared a strong & inexplicable bond. So it comes as no surprise to me how close my daughters are to their "Aunt" Deanna. What does surprise me, every time I see them together, is the similar bond shared by the second-generation set. At most, my two daughters see Ryan, Sara & John once a year. And yet, these five cousins are so tightly connected.
{the five cousins, 2nd generation}
Their close kinship makes my heart swell. While witnessing their camaraderie, Deanna & I get to relive our childhood days.
The day before we left NY, Sara told me that every night during our visit, Brynn sang For Good just before they went to sleep. It made me smile to know this..and then, of course, it made me cry.
Because we know them, because we love them, we have been changed for the better. This bond we all share...it's for good.







3 comments:
what a beautiful post leah. your are both very lucky to have each other. i bet it was so hard to leave them all this summer.
love the little blog changes. looks so pretty.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND!!!
This is one of my favorite songs from Wicked. You are indeed blessed to have each other. Great photos.
Your post was thoughtfully written as always...from the heart. .... thanks for sharing...and I really must comment on the amazing quality of your photos too. They look like they're straight out of a magazine! It's such a great moment...seeing all the smiles, and close family ties....you really are blessed.
ciao bella
Creative Carmelina
Post a Comment