Every time we travel to Texas to visit my brother,
we always spend one day at the beach.
One day out of 365 days...the pearl in the oyster.
Somehow we always manage to get there at high noon...when the sun is at its brightest...and harshest. Not the best time for picture-taking{and still I insist on toting my camera along}.
One day I'd like to rent a cottage on a beach somewhere.
One day I'd like to spend a week or more at the seashore.
And it won't matter if the shore is scattered with mounds of seaweed or blobs of jellyfish.
It won't matter that I worry about sharks and riptides.
Because, for some reason, the sea calls my name and I must answer.
Cliche, I know.
Cliche, I know.
But, with the exception of my home, the seashore is the one place I am most at peace. Being at the beach makes me happy...right down to my toes!
One day I'd like to walk the shimmering sands in Hawaii.
One day I'd like to watch the sun set again over the ocean.
For now, I'm happy having this one day at the beach.
Especially when it's spent with my two special "little mermaids"...
Yes, a day at the beach with my family is a treasured day indeed.
One day I'd like to watch the sun set again over the ocean.
For now, I'm happy having this one day at the beach.
Especially when it's spent with my two special "little mermaids"...
{this mermaid is not happy that I made her pause to snap a photo!}
Yes, a day at the beach with my family is a treasured day indeed.
"for whatever we lose, like a you or a me,
it's always ourselves we find in the sea."
{e.e. cummings}












6 comments:
It's such a special place. Nothing makes me feel God's presence more. I pray you get a week sometime too. Thanks for your comment today. Since you've been with me since the beginning...reading along for most of them...it meant a lot.
I don't know where your home usually is, but you could always come and visit us on our island!
I love the ocean and the beach too, it makes me completely happy. I am so grateful we are now living near the ocean!
Something about being at the beach . . . i love the freedom it gives me. They say when you describe what the ocean is to you, you actually describe your life :O)
ok...you gave me goosebumps. you and i are sea sisters. love it!!
Your blog and blog posts are always a refreshing haven of calm and serenity! Thanks for sharing your day at the beach.
Ciao bella
Creative Carmelina
Love your pictures of the ocean and your lovely family (even the one that doesn't want her picture taken!) Love you, B!
Post a Comment